Housing is available to students who live beyond commuting distances. Housing is located no more than one mile from the school. Many students do not have access to a car and carpool with other students
Find out where some of our students live.
The Kubert School is located in an old, conservative, small town. Whatever you do, however you conduct yourselves, will directly affect the reputation of Joe Kubert and The Kubert School. The administration will not tolerate any infraction of the house rules. Students who do not abide by the rules will be subject to eviction without any refunds of rent.
For more information please email: email@example.com
The Kubert School operates three housing facilities; The Mansion, Carriage House, and the Clinton House.
Back of Mansion
Clinton House Back Yard
• Housing agreements will not be activated until school enrollment
agreements and registration fees are received.
• A student will be advised of his own room assignment on the day
housing residences open. Housing assignments are not
transferable with this exception: the school reserves the right to
move student tenants from one housing unit to another for the best
utilization of the facilities.
• The Housing Agreement between the student and/or parent or guardian
and The Kubert School is binding for the entire school year. Breach of
agreement will result in forfeiture of all room rental monies paid.
• The cancellation of the registration and withholding of certificate
or diplomas of students with a delinquent account or an unsatisfactory
financial relationship with the
• The $5.00 key deposit will be forfeited in the event of loss or failure to
return the housing key. There is a $10.00 mattress cover deposit that is
• Each student retains full responsibility for the safeguarding and
protection of his personal property, without recourse, in the event of
damage or loss for any reason. Any protection of personal property
through insurance will be arranged by the student’s expense.
• NO SMOKING ALLOWED.
• Tampering with the fire and safety equipment will be sufficient
cause for dismissal from a living unit.
• Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers are furnished. In
addition, the third floor Carriage House apartment has a
portable fire escape ladder. This is to be stored under the
window, and is to be used only in emergencies. If it has been
necessary to use the fire extinguishers, immediately notify the
administration so that the extinguishers can be recharged.
• The student shall not use or permit the premises to be used for
any disorderly or unlawful purpose or in any manner offensive
to the other occupants of the building:
- No alcoholic beverages
- No parties
- No illegal drugs
- No overnight guests
- No guests permitted in sleeping quarters; guests are
permitted in the common area only.
• Musical instruments, radio, TV and other sound reproduction
devices and components shall be played or operated so as not
disturb any other occupant or neighbor.
• No appliances shall be permitted without permission of the
• Students shall make no alterations or redecorations to premises
without prior consent of The Kubert School.
• Students are not permitted to make holes in the walls or to use
tape on the walls.
• No animals permitted at any time.
• Administration reserves the right to enter the premises at
reasonable times for inspection.
• Premises are to be kept clean and neat at all times. (Dishes
washed, trash cans closed, no garbage or crumbs anywhere.)
Garbage, grease from frying, etc. is NOT to be poured down
the sink. Use a disposable container and put it into a garbage
• Prior to moving from a living unit, a student must clean the unit
thoroughly. Failure to do so will result in an assessment against
the student of the cost to the school to have the unit properly
• Garbage cans must be lined with plastic garbage bags and
securely tied. Please make sure immediate area around garbage
cans is spotless.
• Carriage & Mansion Facility: Bagged garbage is to be placed in the
• All plumbing is working properly. If any problems are due to
neglect, students will be responsible.
• Students will charged for the damage to property or equipment.
Where responsibility can be fixed, damage will be pro-rated
among the individuals involved.
Note: It is financially beneficial to students to:
- Keep windows shut in winter and maintain 68 degrees in order to
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Excessive use of hot water will cause electric bill and water bill to
• All personal mail should be sent directly to student housing.
• Students must provide their own bed linens (twin size), blankets, pillows,
towels and lamps.
• Unauthorized or unsafe personal items may be confiscated and removed
from the premises or identified and stored for return to the owner at a
45 Lehigh Street (Mansion) students:
• NO COOKING, NO HOT PLATES, NO OVENS, NO TOASTERS OR ANY
OTHER HEATING OR COOKING APPLIANCES ARE PERMITTED AT
• If you wish to bring a small, portable refrigerator, it must be
registered at the office. There is a $50.00 annual charge,
payable in advance.
• Microwaves and refrigerator are available in Mansion for
• Security: Every student has a key to his building. It is very
important to KEEP DOORS LOCKED.
• In case of any problems:
- Carriage House and 45 Lehigh Street -- see the Resident
- Clinton Street House -- see the Resident Assistant
Everyone has a heavy work load and everyone has different sleeping and work habits. You must be considerate of your fellow students.“QUIET TIME” STARTS AT 11:00 PM
Parking is available at the Carriage House and at 45 Lehigh Street. DO NOT PARK or DRIVE on the grass. Park in parking areas only. Speed limit is 5 mph. Please be careful. There are children in the immediate vicinity. Clinton Street House parking is ON THE STREET ONLY. Do not park in any of the driveways.
In Carriage House:
DO NOT LOCK OR BLOCK doors between apartments since it is illegal, and
considered a fire hazard to block any fire exits.
Carriage House Apartments (45 Lehigh Street)
- Consists of 2 three bedroom apartments.
Clinton Street Apartments (145 West Clinton Street)
- Consists of 2 three bedroom apartments
The Mansion (45 Lehigh Street)
- A large building with spacious rooms.
• Meals are not included.
• Linens, blankets bedding, lamps and personal items are to be supplied
by the students. (Students need to provide their own art tables in housing.)
• Twin size beds, mattress covers and dressers are furnished.
Carriage House and Clinton Street House:
- A small, limited supply of kitchen equipment is furnished. (Students may want to bring some of their kitchen supplies. (e.g. plates, flatware, pots & pans, coffee maker, etc.)
Housing space is reserved on a first come, first reserved basis, I.E., postmark date of signed housing agreement and housing fee paid in full. The housing agreement and fees will be valid only for registered students who have submitted their enrollment agreement and registration fee.
The School reserves the right to make any changes in the fees or accommodations if circumstances warrant upon 30 days advance notification.